I had heard long ago, there would be a time that when asking a teenager the origins of food such as say bacon – the majority of them would have no idea that bacon is in fact cured pig meat.
I also heard of meat being grown in a laboratory using stem cell technology, which kind of perpetuates the predictions that a large population of the generations born after around, lets say, the year 2005 will have no clue where most of their food comes from.
And then you have this situation in the UK where traces of horse meat were found in foods claiming to be beef. Yet another reason why the new generations may lose touch with the origins of the food they eat.
Ironically, Findus or Find Us, just so happened to be one of the brands said to be affected by the horse meat scandal and going the ‘whole hog’ by containing 100% horse meat in some of their beef packaged products. All puns intended ( give me a break I am trying to be funny).
Now, did you know for some people and in certain parts of the world horse meat is a delicacy ? So consider yourself getting more than value for your money when you next buy a ‘Find Us’ Lasagne. But that’s not the point really, is it ?
People just don’t like being told things contrary to the truth or actuality. I mean surely, if we wanted to eat horse meat today, we’d bloody well go out looking for a can of horse meat…
So now think about all those Hot Dogs you’ve been cheated out of in the past.
- Are you ready for Bacon Deodorant? (fox2now.com)
- How To Make Your Own Bacon, “Steve From Scratch” Style (stevefromscratch.wordpress.com)
- How to Stay Single Forever: Wear This New Bacon-Scented Deodorant (newsfeed.time.com)
- Seduction by Bacon: Sexy Bacon Recipes that will Make Your Man Salivate (babescott.com)
- To eat or not to eat….. (zahoruikodana.wordpress.com)